YWCA SGV Services 2011-2012 Fiscal Year
Thank you to the funders, staff, volunteers, and supporters who made the following FY2011-12 services to the community possible.
Domestic Violence Services
Helping survivors build safe, healthy, and violence-free lives.
- 1,675 calls to the crisis helpline
- 6,023 days of shelter for 172 victims of domestic violence
- 531 victims helped to obtain Temporary Restraining Orders
- 586 group counseling sessions and 355 individual counseling sessions to 215 victims at the YWCA SGV community outreach center
Teen Education Services
Helping teens learn skills for happy and healthy lives.
- Over 2,500 teens attended dating violence prevention presentations
- Over 400 teachers, students, and parents participated in the "Respect for All" anti-prejudice, anti-bullying program
Helping seniors live in their own homes with dignity and independence.
- Care management help for 1,537 older persons, totaling 6009 hours
- 5,413 telephone reassurance calls to isolated seniors
- 188,983 home delivered meals for 788 older persons (an average of 517 meals a day)
- 267,559 dining center meals for 8,196 seniors (an average of 1070 meals a day)